Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Commitment to Myself

Hey y'all. Big news. I recently became a Beachbody Coach. I feel more inspired than ever to get my shit together and get healthy and hope that one day I can help others!  I feel so honored to be able to be a part of the Beachbody team. 

This is my public commitment to myself. Here's my story: 
When Trevor and I got engaged in the Spring, I was legitimately freaking out. I have always kinda tried to fade into the background and just knowing that everyone would be staring at me on our big day made me totally panic. I just wasn't (am not) used to the attention. I'm not the type of person to be all like, "OMG my wedding I have to lose 5 pounds or I'll die of embarrassment!" I'm not that vain and like, hello! I'm a feminist- I'm not gonna buy into that wedding industrial complex bullshit that convinces women they are not "perfect" enough (though I think every bride buys into it just a little). Anyways, around the same time both my mother and father had some slight health issues and I just thought, eff this I'm not doing it anymore. I've always believed that our bodies are temples and that we need to care for them but I've never really lived it. I believe we spend a lot of time punishing our bodies into submission instead of honoring them and treating them with love. I finally just got to the point where I was so frustrated that my values and my habits were not in alignment- plus watching my parents struggle with their weight and health really hit me. So I hit up my pal Michelle who was beginning a workout challenge. At first I did not want to commit. There were a million excuses running through my head- "We don't have the money for this!" and "I don't wanna do this with other people!" But I decided to bite the bullet and invest in myself- even if that meant having to cut back elsewhere to afford it. 

So I began the challenge and my first day I cried. I literally cried. I was so overwhelmed by everything. I had been working out by walking 20 minutes a day on the treadmill and was so frustrated I wasn't seeing any results. I even went to the doctor because I thought there was something wrong with me. So jumping into a program that was asking 40-60 minutes of me was super overwhelming. And posting everything I ate to a bunch of strangers who were eating only ground turkey for dinner was too much for me. But then I remembered that it had only been ONE DAY and I thought of how much my coach believed in my success. My driving force in the beginning was not letting my coach down. And after a couple weeks I formed some relationships with people on the challenge message board and I didn't want to let them down either. And now I'm beginning to realize that these people believe in me and see something that I hadn't seen in myself. And guess what? In my first week I lost an inch and a half off my waist! Not to mention the benefits I've seen from drinking Shakeology every day- my skin has cleared up and my stomach issues are nearly gone. I had never seen those results and that quickly. My self esteem has definitely grown leaps and bounds and my relationship with my body has gotten healthier. I'm enjoying this process and learning what it means to live a healthy lifestyle. I obviously want to look and feel great on my wedding day but that's not even the point anymore. As my challenge progresses so do my goals. My first week was just to actually do the workouts (and not die). But now I find myself creating bigger and bigger goals and actually believing that I can achieve them. My goal is to get fit for my wedding, my family, and myself. And more so to be fit to have children. I know it seems kinda counter intuitive to get fit to get pregnant but its something that is very important to me. I'm going to bring healthy children into this world!

When Michelle approached me about the coaching opportunity and my first thought was, "umm I'm like, fat and totally not fit YET!I had heard about coaching previously but my impression was that it was basically a pyramid scheme. I had never actually done the workouts or seen results from their products and had seen coaches ruthlessly try to solicit to people (which I despise). But now that I have seen results and have fallen totally in love with Sean T, I can honestly say that the products work. I hope that one day I will be able to pay it forward and offer the kind of support that my coach has given me. I have drive and commitment and a kind heart and I love helping people. Becoming a coach is a commitment to myself and my family. I am on a journey and it doesn't end on March 29th. We are going to be a fit and healthy family! If you have any questions about my journey email me!





1 comment:

  1. You're amazing - and I'm so happy to be embarking on my journey "with" you! Reading your story totally brought tears to my eyes (stop it I'm at work!) and I can totally relate to everything you said! I know we are merely internet acquaintances, but I feel connected to you!

    I want you to know you can always reach out to me, and I'm going to reach out to you from time to time! After all, we have the same AMAZING coach, and we're going to rock being Coaches at the same time! Let's spread the health!

    ReplyDelete